Thursday, July 28, 2005

Random Stuff

A couple of my buddies have linked to fun little things on their weblogs.
Jean wonders, "How Weird Are You?"

40%

You Are 40% Weird

Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!



Holly has the world's shortest personality test on her blog today.


You are dependable, popular, and observant.
Deep and thoughtful, you are prone to moodiness.
In fact, your emotions tend to influence everything you do.

You are unique, creative, and expressive.
You don't mind waving your freak flag every once and a while.
And lucky for you, most people find your weird ways charming!



Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, again--

It's been 5 days since my family and I went to see this film. We're still talking about it. It randomly pops into my brain. Anything that gets me and my family thinking this much deserves to be recommended to other people.

Ditto for Harry Potter--

All the people I know who've read the latest Harry Potter want to talk about it. It keeps randomly cropping up in conversations about other things. There's something about this series that gets you thinking. So, I recommend it, too. But I'm a huge fan from the start, before it was a huge hit, so my opinion is slightly biased.

Yes, I'm a total Geek--

I've been book shopping, but not for a good read this time. I want to make my own template for the blog and I need to learn what's been going on in the world of HTML since I last did web stuff. I learned it originally in 2000, and things have changed a lot since then. So, I'm going to be playing with code and graphics and giving my brain a real workout. Don't expect any real changes anytime soon, though. I have to learn some new graphics software, how to use the blogger code, update from HTML 4.0 to XHTML and upgrade my CSS knowledge. And maybe borrow David's digital camera to take some pics to create the graphics I want to use. It's going to be fun.

Andi posted a great quote and I had to share it with you all:
"There is something in every one of you that waits and listens for the sound of the genuine in yourself. It is the only true guide you will ever have. And if you cannot hear it, you will all of your life spend your days on the ends of strings that somebody else pulls." --Howard Thurman