Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Perfect Rake

A note on reviews--Don't be looking for me to trash stuff in here. I'm not pretending to be an objective critic. I'm just sharing things I enjoyed that I think other people might enjoy, too.

Book Review: The Perfect Rake by Anne Gracie

I really enjoyed this Regency romance. I picked it up and started reading while browsing in our local B&N. A few pages in I was hooked and seeking a chair to read a bit more. When it was time to leave, I couldn't put it back. The story is about Prudence Merridew, plain eldest sister, and her plan to protect her four beautiful younger sisters from their grandfather's brutality. Enter Lord Carradice, a complete rake with no desire to be wed--ever. Prudence's plans always seem to go a bit awry and Lord Carradice keeps unintentionally ending up in the middle of them. This book deals with serious themes, but also has plenty of humor in it. I really liked that the conflicts between Prudence and Lord Carradice are strong and believable. They earned their HEA and I enjoyed going along for the ride.