Friday, October 09, 2009

Lost .5 This Week

I lost another half pound this week. I went back to counting points, but I've eaten mostly from the filling foods list. What's made the difference today is that satiety factor. I've used 1 point, that I didn't use last week, for a 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup in my oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese on my huevos rancheros. Those flavors make a huge difference in how the food feels, whether it's satisfying or not. So, I think this is a good plan.

I don't want this blog to become a weight loss blog, even though that's been my focus for the past couple of weeks. I have a new recipe to test. This one is for a traditional bread pudding--and it's NOT diet friendly. However, I'll make it, taste and analyze it. Do the survey. And give the rest away. Or freeze it in small portions to have as a treat, now and then. I need to figure out the points before I do that, so I can decide what's a good serving size and freeze it in that size portion.

I think my next thing will be to go for a walk. I need to get out of here for a while and I have an errand that I can do. It's a beautiful day out there, too. A perfect fall day to be outside--not too hot and sunny.