Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What's Up?

Life sucks, but then you get over it. Paul's contract ended. Yet again, we do the job hunt thing. I was kind of numb all last week and disinclined to post anything. My eternal optimism eventually takes over, though, and I figure out how to cope.

My arm is almost 100%. There's still a bit of a limit on what I can lift or carry with it. I have almost complete range of motion. I can do all of the basic things like shower and get dressed by myself. I'm grateful for that. I do still get aches or move it the wrong way and cause it to hurt. That's going away more slowly, but it is going away.

I thought I'd share a couple of fun quizzes. They make me laugh, which I need these days. That's why I like to post them. These were discovered on my friend Andi's blog:

Your Seduction Style: Au Natural

You rank up there with your seduction skills, though you might not know it.
That's because you're a natural at seduction. You don't realize your power!
The root of your natural seduction power: your innocence and optimism.

You're the type of person who happily plays around and creates a unique little world.
Little do you know that your personal paradise is so appealing that it sucks people in.
You find joy in everything - so is it any surprise that people find joy in you?

You bring back the inner child in everyone you meet with your sincere and spontaneous ways.
Your childlike (but not childish) behavior also inspires others to care for you.
As a result, those who you befriend and date tend to be incredibly loyal to you.


That one's obviously not aimed at folks who have been happily married for almost 30 years. If I were not married, I think it's pretty accurate to how I am.

Here's one more:

Your Theme Song is Beautiful Day by U2

"Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away"

You see the beauty in life, especially in ordinary everyday moments.
And if you're feeling down, even that seems a little beautiful too.


Do I see a theme in these things? I always seem to hit on the "sees the beauty in everyday moments" kind of answers. It fits and I think it's a good way to live because I'm more content, in general, than people I know who are always complaining about everything because it's not perfect enough or because they thought it would be different or whatever.

So, I'm curious. What's your life theme? Do you have one?