Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Music & Shopping

This has been a busy time for my music life. Ladyesong had a concert last weekend. I'd have posted a promo here, but my Internet connection was gone more than it was on last week. It went really well. I enjoyed doing it. West Valley College's Chamber Orchestra did an arrangement of Go Down, Moses that I'd love to do with my church choir.

This week is the big celebration of the 50th anniversary of the church I attend. Lots of musical opportunities there. We're doing a hymn fest before the dinner on Saturday. And singing a favorite anthem for Sunday's church service. Ladyesong is celebrating along with the church, so we're singing two pieces during the service.

Then we have a few weeks and choir stops for the summer. Ladyesong takes a break in August, but we have a concert in July to prepare for. That's going to be tough because most of the music is new to me and a lot of it is supposed to be memorized. I'm going to have to spend a lot of time with the music because this concert is 45 minutes to an hour and it's just us. I guess I'll have to figure out how to memorize music fast. We don't have a rehearsal CD, so I have to play it on the keyboard. Then sing it a capella to see if I can sing it without the music.

My wonderful hubby's been complaining that I need new dresses. Can you believe it? A guy telling his wife to buy clothes? lol So I bought some online. The first one came today. I really like it and it fits fine. The other two should be here tomorrow. Me, the "hates to buy clothes" person bought three dresses in one online spree. Hmmm . . . I think I need to be careful about online shopping. It's way too easy. lol But, now, I need shoes. Maybe on Saturday, before choir rehearsal, I can take a trip to the shoe store.