Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tuesday, February 21

My life is in a more quiet place right now. There's not as much going on for a week or so. Then Lent starts and we have church on Wednesday nights. But no concerts or special events until after Easter. Which gives me time to breathe, focus, and learn the music for the concert at the end of April. It's nice because I learn so much easier if I'm not feeling too pressured and nervous.

Some friends gave us tickets to see the West Bay Opera's Manon Lescaut, the Puccini version, on Sunday. It was really well done. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I don't get to go to the opera very often. Afterward, they had the main cast out to answer questions from the audience. It was interesting. Then we went to dinner at a pasta place we'd never been to before. It was really good. And the waiter was amazing. He always was there with exactly what we needed without being intrusive. You don't get that much anymore. We were generous with the tip, as much as we could be on our budget.

So, we're planning to treat ourselves to the AMT's Gypsy. We both really like that show. I've never seen it live, just the films. Paul was in it once. He played the clueless Mr. Goldstone. He said it was fun.

So, a lot of my friends have been putting interesting quizzes on their blogs. I never seem to be able to catch up. I know they're silly, but sill's fun and I like them.

Which Serenity Character are you?

This one comes to me via Krista's blog.

Your results:

You are Zoe Washburne (Second-in-command)

Zoe Washburne (Second-in-command)
85%
Dr. Simon Tam (Ship Medic)
70%
Kaylee Frye (Ship Mechanic)
65%
Wash (Ship Pilot)
65%
Malcolm Reynolds (Captain)
50%
Derrial Book (Shepherd)
50%
River (Stowaway)
45%
Inara Serra (Companion)
25%
Alliance
25%
Jayne Cobb (Mercenary)
20%
A Reaver (Cannibal)
5%
Dependable and trustworthy.
You love your significant other and
you are a tough cookie when in a conflict.


Click here to take the "Which Serenity character are you?" quiz...