Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger this week. I've been in a funk lately and didn't want to subject you all to that. I hate when people whine on their blogs--unless they make it funny. I'm not funny. So I try not to whine on the blog.

We had a superb concert on Sunday. I haven't heard any numbers, but I hope InnVision, a local charity that helps the homeless find jobs and places to live, made a bundle. I sing in two choirs, Prince of Peace Lutheran Sanctuary Choir and Ladyesong. Both did a superb job. And the mass choir doing Down By the Riverside absolutely rocked the place. I'll try to post about it ahead of time next year, so any locals who might want to come and support this wonderful organization can do so.

I've been reading a ton of Valentine's Day posts on the web this week. It seems everyone has something to say. My opinion is that if you're happy with how you and your SO celebrated it, then it was romantic. I think romance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. In my case, if I were to be so foolish as to expect traditional romance from my hubby, I'd be in for a lifetime of disappointment. That's just not on his radar. But he manages to come up with untraditional romantic things that surprise me and delight me. I'd have to be a very dumb woman to wish to trade one for the other. I'm many things, but dumb isn't one of them. lol We went to a favorite restaurant for dinner. Then we went for a walk. The rest is none of your business. But it was wonderful.

Not much going on with the Uber Challenge at the moment. A friend suggested that I deliberately take a break. I'm journaling about that idea and trying it on to see if it feels like I'm using the funk as an excuse to be lazy or if I should go easier on myself, take a deliberate break, and deal with the funk in a different way than I have been. Not sure what that would be, but I do need to consider it.