Friday, January 27, 2006

Short post

Today I had little time to think of anything to write for my post. I finished the second lesson of the mystery writing course. I'm so far behind. I should have finished that the first week. I miscounted. The class is four weeks, so it's scheduled as 2 lessons per week. I think that's too much work for people who have lives. Apparently, there are people who can get that much done. I'm just not one of them.

It's amazing, though. There are about 500 students in the class. Most of them haven't participated by posting lessons, but a good percentage have. I think that 500 students sells a lot of books for B&N, but it's too many students for a teacher to be able to look at everyone's work, let alone comment on very much of it. So, you're kind of on your own, with some student feedback, if anyone's interested enough to post about your work.

I'm not learning anything new. What I'm getting is reminded of things I need to be reminded of. It's so easy for things to slip through the cracks because a writer has so many balls to juggle as she writes. So it's a good class.

I'm going to go watch some more Angel. My son called me and he implied he'd like his DVDs back soon. I don't know why. I'm taking the second season back home when I bring this one back. So it's not like he's going to be keeping the whole set at his house--at least until after I've watched them all. (evil grin)