Monday, January 02, 2006

Last Thing Meme

This one's from PBW's blog.

Last Book Read: In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner by Elizabeth George

Last Live Music Show Seen: West Side Story at the American Musical Theater in San Jose.

Last CD Purchased: I hardly ever buy CDs, except I'm a sucker for Christmas music. This Christmas I found a Christmas CD by Barry Manilow on sale for $6.99. Turned out to be a good deal. Even Paul likes it.

Last Thing Cooked: Spaghetti with Italian sausage and mushroom sauce.

Last New Thing Eaten: Teriyaki Chicken Burger at Red Robin

Last Thing Bought: The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Collection. I didn't know it had a $20 discount, so that was a pleasant surprise when they rung it up. It's not actually the very last thing I bought. It's more like the last fun thing I bought. If you consider that my husband bought the shirts for work, then the last thing I bought was a replacement for my electric skillet. I finally found one that was large enough and had about 3"-deep sides. It was on sale, too.

Last Gift Received: A Peet's coffee card from a bunch of online friends who got together and spent mucho bucks so Paul and I could get away from our stressful living situation and spend some time together. I have great friends!

Last Piece of Clothing Bought or Received as a Gift: Sorry, this one's BORING. I needed undies and that's what I bought. Socks are next. lol

Last Embarrassing Experience: Probably the huge sneeze right after our church choir finished the last anthem at the Christmas Eve service.

Last Totally New Experience: The closest I can think of is singing with Ladyesong. I've never sung in an all women's group before.

Last Foreign Country Visited (if any): Does LA count? Joking aside, the only time I've ever been out of the US was when my family spent an afternoon in Tijuana, Mexico on a childhood vacation.

Last New Bird Seen: I have no clue. I think our neighborhood's been taken over by crows and seagulls.

Last Big Achievement: I don't do big achievements. I do tiny ones. So, managing to sing all the concerts and caroling and church services I agreed to do, despite fighting off piggyback colds, is the one that comes to mind.

I'm not tagging anyone specific for this one. If you do it, post a link in the comments. I'd like to see what you came up with.