Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Duh! Moment & Update on the Uber Challenge

A Duh! Moment:

Your Career Type: Artistic

You are expressive, original, and independent.
Your talents lie in your artistic abilities: creative writing, drama, crafts, music, or art.

You would make an excellent:

Actor - Art Teacher - Book Editor
Clothes Designer - Comedian - Composer
Dancer - DJ - Graphic Designer
Illustrator - Musician - Sculptor

The worst career options for you are conventional careers, like bank teller or secretary.


Ok, so if my talents lie in creative writing, why doesn't it say "Author", not "Book Editor?" But it does say, "The worst career options for you are conventional careers, like bank teller or secretary." DUH!

Uber Challenge Update

I mentioned earlier that I don't want the blog to be "Uber Challenge" only. But I do want to keep track of how I'm doing. Posting about it keeps me on track. I don't procrastinate as much if I'm posting because I know at least one person is following whether I do what I planned or not. I decided the best way to do that is to write a regular post, like I've been doing, and put an update post at the end. Right now, while I rebuild some habits, I'm doing simple posts like quizzes and memes. I have a couple of essays about writing I'm working on, but it's going to be a while before they're done.

I did the Morning Pages yesterday. That's the first habit I want to build, so I'm doing it first each day. I went to the B&N University site and took a look at the course. That took longer than I expected. I didn't have time for the other two things on my list.

Today's list:

  • Write Morning Pages
  • Do the B&N coursework for today.
  • Put the three most critical things on the calendar.
  • Type in two pages of handwritten notes.


That should be doable because I don't have any errands or appointments today.