Friday, December 09, 2005

So Much for Writing Every Weekday

Condolences

I learned some bad news this morning. Frank O'Brien Andrew and his wife drowned in a boating accident over the weekend. He was a buddy on Forward Motion. I will miss him. I send my condolences to their families and friends.

The Regular Stuff

I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted. Then I look at how the past week has gone and I can see why. I haven't been home much. Errands, rehearsals, concerts--both those I'm performing in and those friends are performing in, holiday parties, Christmas caroling, lunch with friends, pot luck dinners, car repairs and keeping up with the everyday stuff, helping out my kids with rides and stuff, and it goes on. That's what's been going on for the past week and what's happening during the upcoming week. I love being busy. I love getting a chance to sing for people, to watch my friend's performances, to spend time with people I don't see as often as I'd like to. But it wreaks havoc with my writing and blogging and keeping in touch with my online friends, who are important to me, too. So, I'm going to post when I can and after December 18, my life gets slower again because I only have Christmas Eve stuff to worry about and we're not having rehearsals that week.

Upcoming local concerts you might enjoy, if you're in the area:

Tonight, December 9 at 8 PM--San Jose Chamber Orchestra at Mission Santa Clara, on the Santa Clara University campus. You can check their website for contact info to find out if tickets are still available.

Sunday, December 11--Christmas Concert at First United Methodist Church in Campbell at 4 pm. The address is 1675 Winchester Blvd, Campbell, CA

Sunday, December 18--The Prince of Peace choir, Ladyesong, and soloist Layna Chianakas will present their Christmas Concert at 7 PM at Prince Of Peace Lutheran church in Saratoga. Info is on the web site.