Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Book Recommendation & Something Fun

The Ghost Writer

I just finished a totally amazing book. It's The Ghost Writer by John Harwood. It's creepy. Nothing is what you think it is. The writer carries you along, deeper and deeper into a morass of lies and secrets. Just when you think you know where it's going, it goes somewhere else. You can't stop reading because you just have to know what's next. This one's going on my reread shelf. I know I missed nuances and little details that will enrich the story when I give it a second read. If you like ghost stories, especially ghost stories that aren't exactly like any ghost story you've ever read, give this one a read.

Another "just for fun". My friend Andi, a romance writer, found it. The interesting thing is how accurate it is. Not perfect, but accurate. (Scroll down a bit. I tried everything I know and I can't get the extra blank space to go away. Any suggestions?)

The Keys to Your Heart










You are attracted to those who are unbridled, untrammeled, and free.

In love, you feel the most alive when things are straight-forward, and you're told that you're loved.

You'd like to your lover to think you are stylish and alluring.

You would be forced to break up with someone who was emotional, moody, and difficult to please.

Your ideal relationship is open. Both of you can talk about everything... no secrets.

Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.

You think of marriage as something precious. You'll treasure marriage and treat it as sacred.

In this moment, you think of love as something you can get or discard anytime. You're feeling self centered.